Climate change is an urgent challenge that demands a rapid transition to a sustainable, green economy. The fossil fuel industry is currently the most important obstacle to this goal.
By filling out this form and therefore signing this petition, I acknowledge that fossil fuels pose a serious threat to our future, and I endorse the following goals for GW:
- Place an immediate, permanent moratorium on new investments of endowment funds in fossil fuel companies
- Research and publicly announce, within 3 months, the amount of endowment funds currently invested in fossil fuel companies*.
- Create and implement a 2-year timeline to divest GW’s endowment completely from the Filthy Fifteen**.
- Create and implement a 5-year timeline to divest GW’s endowment completely from all fossil fuel companies.
- Create and implement a strategy to reinvest funds from the endowment in the green economy.
GW, it’s time to live up to your image as a leader in sustainability and “Make History” by divesting our endowment from fossil fuels!
Notes: (*) “Fossil fuel companies” refers to the top 200 worldwide coal, oil, and gas companies, by proven carbon reserves. Source: Carbon Tracker Institute (2012) “Unburnable Carbon”.
(**) ”Filthy Fifteen” refers to the top 15 worldwide coal, oil, and gas companies, by proven carbon reserves. Source: Ibid.
Sign it here: bit.ly/fossilfreegw